Prince Albert II of Monaco, Prince Jacques and Princess Gabriella holding messages which read ’We miss you mommy’ and ’We love you mommy’, stand on the palace balcony during the celebrations marking Monaco's National Day in Monaco. Picture: Reuters
Prince Albert II of Monaco, Prince Jacques and Princess Gabriella holding messages which read ’We miss you mommy’ and ’We love you mommy’, stand on the palace balcony during the celebrations marking Monaco's National Day in Monaco. Picture: Reuters

LOOK: Princess Charlene’s twins pay sweet tribute to their mom while Prince Albert does damage control

By Marchelle Abrahams Time of article published Nov 25, 2021

Share this article:

Prince Jacques and Princess Gabriella paid homage to their mother Princess Charlene to mark 100 years of the Soroptimist International, a global volunteer organisation geared towards improving the lives of women and children.

The six-year-old twins accompanied their father Prince Albert to the event where they planted a South African tree during the ceremony as a touching tribute to Charlene’s home country, Hello reported.

During the event, Prince Jacques was pictured embracing his sister as the two observed the proceedings.

Their mother’s absence has taken its toll on the twins. Just weeks after returning from spending several months in SA, Charlene was whisked away to a treatment facility outside of Monaco.

During Monaco's National Day, they held up a placards saying “We miss you mommy” and “We love you mommy.”

On his decision to admit his wife, Prince Albert told People: “She had already made her decision, and we only wanted her to confirm it in front of us. She wanted this.

“She already knew the best thing to do was to go and have a rest and have a real medically-framed treatment.”

Albert also dismissed rumours that Princess Charlene had contracted Covid-19 or had been diagnosed with cancer.

“It's not a personal relationship issue. And if you want to discuss another speculation, it isn't related to plastic surgery or facial work at all,” he told the publication.

In the meantime, British tabloid The Sun reported that the 43-year-old royal has been linked to Russian billionaire Vladimir Doronin, famously known as Naomi Campbell’s ex.

Share this article: